Not sure if you guys know this but through a "tweak" I am running Microsoft Windows Server Update Services on Windows XP Pro.
This has worked flawlessly from the time WSUS was released, updating all the client computers. I find this very handy for fixing customers comps as I don't have to repeatedly thrash my poor old ISDN downloading massive amounts of updates. Plus it comes in handy for doing updates on home visits to those with 56K dialup.
I have now run in to a bit of an issue in that I cannot install WSUS 3.0 as it requires Server 2003 with SP1 and the tweak I used to install WSUS makes XP pro think it is Server 2000.
The tweaks involve editing the registry, changing the systemprefix and controlset to the ones normally used by Server 2000.
Now I assume Server 2003 uses some different entries so if anyone has server 2003 with at least SP1 installed could they list the values for HKLM\System\Setup\Systemprefix
(and thank god for Firefoxes History>recently closed tabs option, I accidentally closed this tab)